I hope you like...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Video: The Snowball Effect- Sportscast Style


Meet Matt Lorch. He was a sportscaster for Channel 7 News in Quincy, IL. This is a cringeworthy video of one hell of a live newscast. I feel really bad for the guy because all hell breaks loose around him, but he somehow maintains his composure for the most part. I would think that most people would ask to cut to commercial or something, but he keeps rollin' with the punches.

I almost described why I think this is funny, but after reading it I thought it was a little self-explainatory and I didn't want to ruin this treasure for you. Just watch this train wreak and be observant. Try to catch the little things like the right scores and his rushed sign off at the end of the original broadcast.

Now, this clip is a little dated (if you can't tell when he covers Jordan and Pippen on the Bulls), but it still is great. It is also a little long for an average YouTube clip, clocking in at 7:27. Sorry, but I think it is worth it. I hope you do as well. And no, he did not get fired for this. Evidently, he is now working as an investigative reporter for the station now.

I hope you like...

"Let's go...if we could to...NBA?...........................OK! we're going back to Palmaria Ladies"


BONUS: Please realize that Lorch was really not at fault for the mishaps in the previous clip. Sure he might have stumbled over his words a few times, but after some outside interference wrecked his composure. Here we have the direct opposite. Meet Brian Collins. Unlike Lorch, Collins is broadcast on a college station. Even so, I don't think any school would just throw some kid up in the booth like Ball State did. Remember when I said Lorch's newscast was cringeworthy? He's got nothing on this kid. I dare you to watch all of this with a straight face. It's that bad.


"Boom! Goes the dynamite!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home